Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I know when to change the wires and spark plugs on my 95 Pontiac Bonneville?

The car has 205,000 miles on it. I just had the oil changed after 3000 miles and the mechanic told me that he wanted to change my wires and spark plugs. How do I know if I REALLY need to change them or if they are just screwing me over? I've never had to take my car to a garage before because my dad always did the work. I've heard that these people will tell you anything to get money out of you. Any advice?How do I know when to change the wires and spark plugs on my 95 Pontiac Bonneville?
60,000 miles and you could replace them. Do it yourself, one plug and wire at a time so you don't

get mixed up and change the wiring.How do I know when to change the wires and spark plugs on my 95 Pontiac Bonneville?
Hi,

As u know that is pretty high mileage so don't expect it to run as smooth as it used to. There will be some variance in cyl. compressions, etc., etc. That being said your other answer about changing the plugs every two years was corect unless one or two cycl.are fouling the plugs sooner. One quick %26amp; dirty way to check the plug wires is to start the engine on a dark night %26amp; open the hood %26amp; look around(keep your hands back) you will be surprised.How do I know when to change the wires and spark plugs on my 95 Pontiac Bonneville?
change plugs every couple year or before plug wire might last three time that say every 5 yrs and sure some places wil tell you they bad when they not but there just as many places that will tell you they bad when they are as well



tpye into search box



how to check a spark plug wire

when to change spark plug

when to replace spark plug wiresHow do I know when to change the wires and spark plugs on my 95 Pontiac Bonneville?
i would recommend changing spark plugs every 25,000 miles.change the leads and cap when you get a few bob.the leads can break down internally with 200k on the clock.you will notice a chucking when a lead is missing a spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment