Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Why is my plug wire sparking through the boot?

Ok, I have no idea what to do now. My spark plug wires are arcing through the boot? I have changed the spark plugs, changed the plug wires 3 times, and changed the coil pack, nothing helped? Would putting some %26quot;High Heat%26quot; silicone on the heads around the boot suffice? How about the spark plugs with the 4 point end (Bosch Platinum +4)? I was thinking that the extra points to arc would diminish the possibility of them arcing through the boot (Less Resistance and Distance for the Arc).Why is my plug wire sparking through the boot?
Electricity always takes the path of least resistance.The boot must have a tear in it.Use diaelectric grease when putting them on.Make sure you have the correct plugs with the correct gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment