Wednesday, September 14, 2011

94 Ford Taurus Randomly doesn't start but its very weird 5 minutes later it will...?

I have a 94 Ford Taurus this problem is the second time its happened to me Im stumped so Im hoping a knowledgable mechanic can enlighten me. Ok so I go to start my car and randomly it just has no power no cranking nothing it initially would make me think the batteries dead. Then after trying for a few minutes it just starts perfect no problems at all and no partial cranks its eith dead or its going to start perfect. This is the 2nd time after a few minutes of absolutley no cranking it just starts with no problem. Now I have no lights on my dash like battery light or anything and I've checked the belt on the alternator its secure and like I said the battery light is not on and I don't think I left anything on either of the times. What could this possibly be? Im thinking maybe I need to change the spark plugs but I mean if it were them it wouldn't just be dead when trying wouldn't it crank atleast slightly? Could it be spark plug wires? Basically anything that you think this could possibly be please help because now Im afraid my car will do this again when I least need it to. I just can't understand how a car goes from not turning on at like it has a dead battery then it just starts perfect after a few minutes and I don't think its the battery the lights not on. 94 Ford Taurus Randomly doesn%26039;t start but its very weird 5 minutes later it will...?
It could be a loose wire, bad solenoid, or a bad switch, since it won't even crank, and then will. (have had similar problems on older vehicles.)

In order, I would check for loose connection, bad solenoid, and last, a bad switch

If it does not crank, changing the plugs won't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment