Thursday, September 22, 2011

Do you know anything about cars? HELP!?

My car started running funny about a week ago, and my check engine light came on around the same time. I brought my car in to a shop and they said there was an oil leak going into the spark plugs, which damaged the wires and plugs. To replace the plugs, wires and valve gasket they want to charge me $365!!! I had my egnition wires and plugs changed 3 months ago - and had an oil change one month ago. How could this happen and how do I know if the charges are legit? I feel that I am being taken advantage of because I am young and I am a woman. I cant afford to do this anymore.Do you know anything about cars? HELP!?
Well, the valve cover gasket does not leak oil into the cylinder, so it would not be the cause of your problem. If you foul out a plug, it can effect the plug wire and necessitate the replacement of it, but that should not require you to do all the wires. I don't think they have diagnosed your problem correctly and would suggest you take it somewhere else.Do you know anything about cars? HELP!?
Go to a reliable motor workshop and you can never be wrong.Do you know anything about cars? HELP!?
what kind of car?

mileage?

did you go back to the same garage?Do you know anything about cars? HELP!?
This is kind of a long shot. But I have a feeling you have a blown head gasket. You will through good money after bad and you still won`t have a running car. You might think about trading it in before it dosn`t run at all. Best wishes.Do you know anything about cars? HELP!?
That seems a little steep for the parts and labor. But it's according to what kind of car you drive. You may want to get a 2nd and 3rd opinion ( other garages). Good luck.Do you know anything about cars? HELP!?
NO, these guys ripped you off in the worste way. You may have water in the gas. Does the car smoke? Is it losing oil? Other than running bad, is there anything else wrong like losing oil or losing coolant? It is possible that you've got bad rings and it's burning oil and fouling the plugs. Just depends on the car and engine condition. If there is nothing wrong like burning oil or burning coolant, I would put a bottle of Heat in the gas tank. I would also find a different repair shop. I would consider taking this shop to small claims court if you find the charges were fraudulant. Good luck.Do you know anything about cars? HELP!?
Depends on what type vehicle you drive.



I had an Isuzu Trooper come in my shop showing a cylinder misfire (check engine light). Started with the gasket/plug route which wasn't real cheap, but not $365 either. It wound up being a casting flaw in the head where coolant had eroded the plug tube allowing oil to fill plug socket! Head was trashed, cost owner around $1200!



Kif your wires are damaged, you have no choice but to replace. The leak has to be repaired to avoid the problem re-curring. $365 sounds like a %26quot;dealer price%26quot;. Find a reputable independent shop, it may or may not be a bit cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment