Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I just bought a used vehicle for 80,000 Miles, what are the routine maintenance at this point?

Hi all,



I just bought a 1996 Chevy Monte Carlo from a used Dealership. It has 80,000 Miles on it and I asked the dealer what's wrong with it, he replied %26quot;nothing.%26quot; It didn't come with the owner's manual, so I do not know at this point what needs to be replaced or any routine maintenance needed on that thing. Any help full tips from guys out there who are automobile enthusiasts would be greatly appreciated. I have a reliable mechanic, I just don't want him to sell me something that I don't need. How do I really know that he is not taking advantage of me? Like for example %26quot;oh you need to change the spark plug wires.%26quot; How do I know that they are still good and not need replacing? You know what I mean? Thank you in advance and Have a Happy Turkey Day to all.I just bought a used vehicle for 80,000 Miles, what are the routine maintenance at this point?
Well, from my experience with used cars.. i learned to check most of the things when i buy a used one...

place ur self on the safe side and check:

- All engine related fluids

- inspect and clean the battery

- check the cooling system fluid and circulation

- check the air filter and replace it if its dirty

- check all the hoses for leakage or damages

- check the drive belt condition

- check the spark plugs and replace them if necessary

- check the ignition system wiring's

- take a look at all the bushings under the car

- check the transmission fluid

- replace the differential oil (i always replace it when i buy used car)



after that i guess u will be alright :)I just bought a used vehicle for 80,000 Miles, what are the routine maintenance at this point?
basiclly the same just have it service or check



routine maintenance / maintenance same things



just got it you need to have everything check since your not sure if or when it was done last

oil filter belts tune up alignment have it all check basiclly start over with your own maintenance routineI just bought a used vehicle for 80,000 Miles, what are the routine maintenance at this point?
Have the oil changed, use a high millage motor oil. Change the air filter if it needs it. Have the tires balanced and rotated. If the wipers need to be replaced do that to.I just bought a used vehicle for 80,000 Miles, what are the routine maintenance at this point?
at 80,000 miles i would take it in for a routine ooil change (just cuz you dont know when the last one was and so you know where you stand) plugs,wires,cap, and rotor, fuel filter, injector cleaner (a tune up) usually needs to be done every 100,000 miles, but if it starts boggling or studdering when your accelerating, dont hesitate to get a tune up, and you should be setI just bought a used vehicle for 80,000 Miles, what are the routine maintenance at this point?
Common maintenance?!? Well...



PRAYER!



No...really...



Well...you're going to have most mechanics take advantage of you because you probably don't know what you're doing (honestly). I mean at 80k it wouldn't be a BAD idea to swap out the spark delivery for new parts...especially if it's in an area exposed to extreme temperature variances, moisture, or salt water in the air (which covers just about everywhere in the US).



But in general...regular maintenance is oil and fluids. In my car I also swap plugs, clean the throttle body, replace mounting bolts (where I can...I'm too cheap to actually use stainless hardware), intake/cooling clamps, and clean my intake manifold...but that's a bit too much for regular maintenance.
  • skin whiteners bleach creams
  • hair pieces
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment