Thursday, September 22, 2011

Auto Maintenance Questions?

So I have an 02 Saturn L300. It has 60,000 miles on it. I have always changed the oil every 3-4000 miles. I just recently had all new tires put on as well as the coolant flushed (around 55,000 miles I had this done). I also replaced the air filter around 10,000 miles ago. My questions is: I'm planning on going on 3800 mile trip in 2 months, what kind of maintenance should I have done prior to going? Other than the things I just listed, no other kind of maintenance has been performed. The other question is: how many miles usually until you change the spark plugs and wires? Should both the plugs and wires be changed? What else should I do? What is a reasonable cost for everything? Thanks!Auto Maintenance Questions?
When it comes to changing plugs %26amp; wires, the miles are not the only consideration. What kind of miles, what kind of driving. anyway, My gut instinct is to change to plugs %26amp; wires a few days before the trip. Better safe than sorry. Imagine, half way through the trip, and coming up with a dead short or something. Good Luck.Auto Maintenance Questions?
i would change the plugs, if you never have ever changed them

wires you dont need to



fuel filter i would suggest

oil/filter change before you goAuto Maintenance Questions?
i would do transmission filter. and yes for the price of new plugs and wires you will probably benefit in gas mileage in the long run. plus it will give you peace of mind wile your on that 3800 mile trip. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment