Thursday, September 22, 2011

My 2001 Dodge Neon idles rough. How can I fix it?

My 2001 Dodge Neon idles rough in drive and reverse but idles fine in park and neutral. I have changed the spark plugs, air filter, spark plug wires, and the coil pack. I just recently had my transmission serviced (flushed and refilled), my throttle body cleaned, my oil changed, my fuel filter and pump replaced, PCV valve replaced, and my fuel injectors cleaned. I have check for error codes but none were found. I did a cylinder pressure test on each cylinder to check for a cracked head or gasket, all pressures where in the normal range and the same for all four cylinders. There is no signs or sounds of a vacuum hose leak. I have put A LOT of money into solving this problem but none of the above have worked. What else could be causing it to idle rough only in drive and reverse? Oh yeah my idling RPMs are around 600. Way to low!My 2001 Dodge Neon idles rough. How can I fix it?
the only thing you didn't mention that you haven't checked the timing on it ,if it gets one notch out of time that will cause the problem your having,you may also want to check and make sure the converter isn't causing this too happen,if you have no trouble codes coming from the computer this doesn't still mean that its not a bad sensor,sometimes a bad tps sensor or one that isn't registering right will cause this to happen,you also nee to run a fuel pump pressure test on it to verify the exact amount of fuel pressure its running when it does like that,it may be the pump causing this too happen also,good luck.My 2001 Dodge Neon idles rough. How can I fix it?
thanks,hope you find whats causing it to do that,good luck.

Report Abuse

My 2001 Dodge Neon idles rough. How can I fix it?
trade it in for a civicMy 2001 Dodge Neon idles rough. How can I fix it?
Check for a vacuum leak at the brake booster.

No comments:

Post a Comment